Saturday 28 June 2008

DOCTOR WHO (again)

I said to my missus a few weeks back (not that she listens to anything I say) that I thought David Tennant would leave at the end of this series - it's looking likely now innit? A good episode though, giving all the guest stars enough to do to warrant them actually being in there - much more than the five Doctors story ever did. Care to guess who else will die before the series is through?
I must admit I find these series finales too dark, and last weeks Turn Left story was even heavier still. I don't think I've watched any finale again since they've been broadcast, and looking back over the last series I'm not sure how many I'll be re-watching; and yet, I do actually enjoy the show. The gurning Tennant has been great fun, shouty Tate has been SO much better than I thought she'd be, but where does it go from here if Tennant leaves? A new Doctor and no new series next year? It'll be hard to pull off. Let's hope they manage it.

No comments: